Sildenafil (Generic Viagra) Tablets
Order prescription Sildenafil tablets online and get free home delivery(26)
Sildenafil is a low-cost erectile dysfunction treatment. To buy Sildenafil tablets online, you need an assessment from a doctor. Our convenient service allows you to order prescription medication from Zava.
To place an order, complete our short online assessment and select your preferred treatment. Your online doctor will review your information and approve a treatment if it's right for you.
Please note: where a generic product has been ordered we may use a range of manufacturers to provide you with your medication, in order to maintain our service levels.
4 tablet(s) - £9.95
8 tablet(s) - £17.00
12 tablet(s) - £27.00
16 tablet(s) - £35.00
28 tablet(s) - £49.00
40 tablet(s) - £59.00
64 tablet(s) - £63.55
4 tablet(s) - £12.00
8 tablet(s) - £19.00
12 tablet(s) - £28.00
16 tablet(s) - £36.00
28 tablet(s) - £59.00
40 tablet(s) - £79.00
4 tablet(s) - £17.00
8 tablet(s) - £26.00
12 tablet(s) - £35.00
16 tablet(s) - £45.00
28 tablet(s) - £75.00
40 tablet(s) - £99.00
About Sildenafil Tablets
Sildenafil is the cheapest option
Of the medications available for erectile dysfunction that contain sildenafil citrate, generic Sildenafil is the best value for money and works exactly the same as more expensive brands.
Dosages of Sildenafil
Sildenafil comes in 3 doses:
- 50mg – the standard dosage to start with
- 25mg – you can consider switching to this if you get side effects from 50mg
- 100mg – you can consider switching to this if the effect of 50mg is not strong enough
Things to avoid when taking Sildenafil
- Heavy meals – Sildenafil works best on an empty stomach. It won’t get to work as fast after eating a heavy, high-fat meal
- Grapefruit juice – drinking grapefruit juice while taking Sildenafil can increase your chances of getting side effects
- Changing your dosage on your own – do not start, stop, or change your intake of Sildenafil tablets without first discussing it with your doctor
- Alcohol – although alcohol may make you less nervous it can stop Sildenafil working effectively and makes erections less likely in general
- Amyl nitrites (poppers) – these can interact with Sildenafil and can cause potentially serious side effects
Side effects of Sildenafil
When using this medication, you may experience one or more of the following, common Sildenafil side effects:
- Dizziness/ lightheadedness
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Nosebleeds or nasal congestion
- Trouble sleeping
- Oedema (swollen hands, ankles or feet)
- Visual disturbances (blurred vision/ increased sensitivity to light/ blue-green colour blindness)
Sildenafil is used to treat both:
- Erectile dysfunction; and
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)
Prescription only – Sildenafil is a prescription medication, meaning that it's only available on prescription and should be taken exactly as prescribed to be fully effective. You can order sildenafil tablets online from our team of doctors and have them delivered to the (UK) address of your choice.
Sildenafil tablets are used to treat erectile dysfunction – this is when a man repeatedly has problems getting or keeping an erection. Sildenafil treats erectile dysfunction by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis, which allows the blood flow to increase. Good blood flow to the penis is necessary for a strong and healthy erection.
Would Sildenafil tablets force me to have an erection? – not normally. Sildenafil is not an aphrodisiac. It will not make you sexually stimulated or raise your libido on its own. It isn’t designed to cause erections on it’s own, although it can rarely cause a side effect called priapism where erections are painful and won’t go away.
Why is Sildenafil cheaper than Viagra? – the only reason Sildenafil is cheaper than Viagra is because Viagra is a brand name. It was patented by Pfizer meaning no one else could sell it but now the patent has run out and anyone can. Often brand names mean better quality, but for medication, this isn’t true. Because generics and brand name medications have the same active ingredients and are held to the same medical standards, the only thing you’re paying extra for with Viagra is the name.
Viagra Connect is another branded product from Pfizer. This one is cheaper than Viagra but still more expensive than Sildenafil. If you are buying in person then with Viagra Connect, you are paying for the option to buy without a prescription, over the counter in a pharmacy. However, if you’re buying online, then you’re still just paying for the name.
Always take your medication exactly as it was prescribed to you by your doctor.
When you take Sildenafil:
- As a rule, you should take your sildenafil tablets up to 1 hour before having sex (although it can get to work anywhere between 30 minutes and 4 hours after you take it)
- Swallow your sildenafil tablets whole, without chewing or crushing them
- Take your sildenafil tablets with or without water, as desired
- Only take a maximum of 1 per day
Can you drink alcohol and take Sildenafil? – yes in small quantities. You can drink up to 2-3 units of alcohol, safely, while taking sildenafil. Many people find that alcohol helps them overcome their anxieties around sex.
Alcohol can interfere with your treatment – too much alcohol can make your problems with erectile dysfunction worse. Drinking more than 2-3 units might have a negative effect on your sexual function.
Check whether you can drive – a common Sildenafil side effect is loss of vision or bouts of dizziness, therefore do not drive, operate machinery or engage in any task that requires intense concentration or alertness until you are confident that this side effect doesn't apply to you.
If you’re an older person – take this medication with caution as its effects can be more pronounced for you.
Sildenafil is not for everyone – you should not start taking Sildenafil tablets without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist. Inform them of your full medical history, paying particular attention to the following:
- Sickle cell disease
- High or low blood pressure
- Priapism (painful erection problems)
- Eye problems (such as blurred or loss of vision in one or both eyes)
- Heart problems (arrhythmia, angina, heart attack, aortic stenosis etc)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Fluid in the lungs
- Problems with the shape of the penis (angulation, fibrosis/scarring)
- Stroke in the past 6 months
What should I expect from taking Sildenafil for the first time?
- You can expect to see an effect after 30 minutes
- If it’s worked, you should see some effect after 1 hour
- It may not work fully the first time, it can take a few attempts to see the full effect
- You won’t see an effect if you aren’t aroused when you take it
- You may experience some side effects
- You may find that Sildenafil does not work for you, even after a few tries, in which case you may need to increase your dosage or try another treatment
How do I know which dosage I need? – a doctor will decide the right dose for you during your assessment. The Sildenafil dosage you need to take will depend on your age, gender, medical condition, your response to therapy and use of any interacting medication. 25, 50 and 100mg Sildenafil tablets are available.
The recommended dose for most people to try first is 50mg – this is taken between 30 minutes and four hours prior to sexual activity. This dose can be increased to 100mg or decreased to 25mg depending on whether or not you get the results you want, or if you experience any side effects.
The following patients should usually stick to no more than 25mg Sildenafil tablets:
- Those over 65 years of age
- Those with liver failure
- Those with a creatinine clearance greater than 30ml/min
- Those using potent cytochrome P450 inhibitors
Side effects – not everyone will get side effects but there is a chance Sildenafil tablets could cause some.
If any Sildenafil side effects get worse over time, or are particularly uncomfortable, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you experience any of the following, serious side effects during sex and you have outstanding heart problems, stop taking Sildenafil and get medical help:
- Severe dizziness
- Chest/ jaw/ left arm pain
If you experience any of the following side effects, it indicates than an allergic reaction may have occurred, (although rare, this is a serious problem and you should seek medical attention at once):
- Itching/ swelling (particularly of the face, tongue and throat)
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
If you experience a sudden loss of hearing in one or both ears, or a ringing in your ears while using Sildenafil tablets, consult a doctor at once.
If you experience a sudden loss of eyesight in one or both eyes (NAION) stop taking the medication, and consult a healthcare professional at once. This is a very rare Sildenafil side effect, although your chances of experiencing it increases if you already suffer from any of the following:
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Existing eye problems
- You are over 50
- You are a smoker
Reacting with other drugs – whether taking Sildenafil 100mg, 50mg or 25mg, you should keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/ non-prescription and herbal medication) and share it with your doctor or pharmacist.
Avoid nitrates – Sildenafil must not be taken with any form of nitrate medication as this combination can produce a severe drop in blood pressure that can cause dizziness, fainting, or even heart attack. Nitrate medications, supplements, and other drugs include the following:
- Glyceryl trinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate and isosorbide dinitrate (used for angina or heart failure – if you experience chest pain after taking Sildenafil DO NOT use nitrates to treat it)
Some other products that may negatively interact with sildenafil are:
- Alpha blockers (doxazosin, prazosin, terazosin)
- HIV drugs (ritonavir, saquinavir, delavirdine)
- St John's Wort
- Anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin)
- Azole antifungals
- Macrolide antibiotics (erythromycin, rifamycins)
- Certain illicit drugs, like amyl nitrite ('poppers')
Is sildenafil a good long-term solution? – the risk of adverse effects of Sildenafil is low. In one study, treatment-related cardiovascular adverse effects which instigated a change in the dosage of sildenafil were minimal but included mild palpitations and increased heart rate. The use of PDE5 inhibitors, the drug family sildenafil belongs too, is deemed to be effective and well tolerated for long-term use. Sildenafil does not cause heart attacks according to the manufacturer.
Electronic Medicines Compendium (2014). Sildenafil 50 mg film-coated tablets. Milipharm Limited. [online] Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7124.pdf?filename=PIL.7124.pdf [accessed 9th January 2018].
Hatzimouratidis, K., Giuliano, F., Moncada, I., Muneer, A., Salonia and Verze, P. (2016). EAU Guidelines on Erectile Dysfunction, Premature Ejaculation, Penile Curvature and Priapism. European Association of Urology. Available at: https://uroweb.org/wp-content/uploads/EAU-Guidelines-Male-Sexual-Dysfunction-2016-3.pdf
McMurray, J, G., Feldman, R, A., Auerbach, S, M., DeRiesthal, H and Wilson, N. (2007). Long-term Safety and Effectiveness of Sildenafil Citrate in Men with Erectile Dysfunction. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management: 3(6), pp 975-981
Dr Nicholas Antonakopoulos
Dr Nicholas Antonakopoulos graduated from the University of London in 2006. He did his postgraduate training in hospitals in the London area, and he trained for four years in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery before completing his training in General practice in 2015.Meet our doctors
Last reviewed: 25 Feb 2019
Zava offers a convenient and discreet service to help men improve their erectile dysfunction. There are a number of treatments you can consider. Continue to our erectile dysfunction service page to learn about the treatment options available.
- Viagra Dosage
- Viagra Side Effects
- Can you get Viagra without a prescription?
- Male Enhancement Pills
- What Are the Alternatives to Viagra?
- Viagra for Women
- 10 Simple Tips to Combat Male Infertility
- The Definitive Guide to Buying Prescription Drugs Online
- Erection pills
- How Long Does It Take for Viagra to Work?
- What is Kamagra?
- Performance Anxiety
- Flibanserin (Addyi)
- Morning Erections
- Best Viagra Connect
- Sildenafil NHS
- Generic Viagra
- Cialis Dosage
- How to Get an Erection
- Cialis Reviews
- Sildenafil Dosage
- Penis Rings
- Reviews of Sildenafil
- Over The Counter Viagra
- Low sex drive
- Cialis Side Effects
- Peyronie's Disease
- Tadalafil Side Effects
- Cialis Vs Viagra
- Maintaining An Erection
- The Male Menopause
- Losing An Erection
- Viagra vs Sildenafil
- Erectile Dysfunction