Delivery, Collection, and Refunds
*Important* Christmas services
Postal delays are expected during peak periods, such as Christmas. This can affect how quickly:
- your test kit reaches you after placing your order
- your completed test reaches our laboratory, to process. ZAVA is not responsible for the transit of your test kit to our partner laboratory.
Keep this in mind when you order your test and choose a delivery or collection method, and then when you return your completed test.
Royal Mail Christmas services (from 1 December):
- 24 December: early collections only
- 25 December: no collections
- 26 to 28 December: Sunday collection times
- 29 and 30 December: normal service
- 31 December: early collections only
- 1 January: no collections
- 2 and 3 January: Sunday collection times
- 4 January: normal service
Example: if you post your test after collection on 24 December, it should reach our lab on 30 December (subject to no service delays).
To help you avoid any delays getting your results and leaving quarantine, we recommend that you:
- order any tests that you’ll need once you enter the UK, ahead of time
- regularly check your local Royal Mail collection and delivery times, especially on the morning of posting
- take and return your completed test to our lab as soon as possible (for example, take and send back your Day 2 test on the day you return to the UK)
What are my delivery options?
When you checkout, you’ll be asked to select a delivery option. You’ll also be able to see the estimated delivery date.
The delivery options are as follows. For each one, the estimated times only apply if you’re ordering before 4pm.
- Free standard delivery We aim to deliver a standard delivery order within 48 hours (Monday to Friday). For some areas of the UK, standard delivery can take 72 hours
- Free next-day click & collect Your order will be delivered the next working day to a Royal Mail post office of your choosing. It will be kept at the post office for 18 days before being returned
- Next-day express delivery (£3.99) Your order will be delivered by 1pm the next day (Monday to Friday)
- Saturday delivery (£7.99) If you place your order by 4pm on a Friday, we can deliver by 1pm on Saturday
If you’re ordering the morning after pill or cystitis treatment that you need to use straight away, we will always send this next-day express delivery (charges apply). If you’re ordering these medications to be used in the future, you can select standard delivery.
Please note that there may be changes to the estimated delivery and click & collect dates over bank holiday weekends. For each of our services, you’ll be able to see an estimated delivery date for your order. You can also see our Contact us page for our customer support opening times.
What if I place my order after 4pm, or at the weekend?
If you order after 4pm Monday to Friday, your order will be processed the following working day. This means:
- if you order next-day express delivery after 4pm on a Monday, your order will be processed on Tuesday, and will be delivered on Wednesday
- if you order next-day express delivery after 4pm on a Friday, your order will be sent on the following Monday and you’ll receive your order on Tuesday
If you order before 4pm on a Friday, you also have the option of next-day Saturday delivery.
If you order at any time on a Saturday or Sunday, your order will be processed on Monday.
Do I need to sign for my order?
You, or someone you have nominated, will need to sign for all standard and next-day express deliveries.
If you’re collecting your order, Royal Mail will send you a notification when it has arrived at the post office. You can also track your order here. You'll need to show proof of ID and your order tracking number (sent to your account) to collect the order.
Contactless delivery does not require you to sign for your parcel, but it does need someone to be home so that royal mail can sign on your behalf. This is to avoid unnecessary contact and to make sure that your parcel is safely delivered to the correct recipient. If no one is home, your parcel can not be delivered.
What will my order look like?
Your order will arrive in a white box. Your address will be written on the packaging, as well as our return address (but not our company name). Nothing on the outside of the packaging will show what's inside.
How can I track my order?
You can track your order using the tracking number you will receive in your order confirmation email.
You will also receive:
- a second email to let you know when our doctor has assessed and approved your order
- a third email to let you know that your order is on its way
- if you’re collecting your order, you’ll also receive an email from Royal Mail to let you know it’s ready to be picked up
You can check if there are any issues with Royal Mail deliveries in your area here.
What if my order has not arrived?
If your order has not arrived, please call our Customer Support team on 020 3588 0292 (8am to 7pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturday). Outside these times, you can message us through your account.
What if the doctor needs more information?
In some cases, the doctor may need some more information from you to continue with your order. When this happens, one of our doctors will send you a message through your account.
Once we have all the information we need, the doctor can continue to review your order.
What countries do you deliver to?
Does ZAVA ship to the US?
What type of addresses do you deliver to?
We can deliver to all UK addresses including PO boxes. We cannot deliver to forwarding companies. Please note that all billing addresses must be UK residential addresses.
What if the doctor does not approve my order?
There are times when we would need to talk to a patient in more depth to feel confident that a treatment is right for them. As an online doctor, we unfortunately do not currently offer this service. In those cases, we may need to decline an order.
When this happens, you’ll get a full refund, and we’ll send you a message through your account to let you know why we were not able to help.
Can I change my order after I’ve paid?
If you’ve not had an email to say that a doctor has approved your order, we’ll do our best to see if we can stop the order before it’s processed. If we can, we’ll be able to issue you with a full refund.
If your order involves a photo assessment, we will check what stage it’s at and may be able to offer a partial refund.
If you’ve not had an email to say that your order has been dispatched, we may be able to change the address it’s being sent to.
If you’ve had an email to say that your order has been sent, unfortunately we will not be able to offer you any refund.
The only exception to this is if you’ve ordered a test kit and no longer want to use it. In this case, you can send us a message through your account within 14 days of ordering the kit, and we’ll issue you with a full refund. If you’ve sent your sample to the lab for testing, we can no longer offer a refund.
This refund policy does not apply to COVID-19 test kits. If you have any questions about a COVID-19 test, please visit our FAQs or contact our Customer Support team. You can read more about our returns policy and COVID-19 test kits in our terms and conditions.
What if my order is damaged or faulty?
If your order is damaged or faulty, keep everything you’ve received (including the packaging) and send us a message us through your account. In the message, please include the order number and a photo of the damaged goods.
Once we’ve checked what happened, we’re usually able to send you a replacement order.
You can either send the damaged goods back to us, or dispose of them safely (see below).
What should I do with medication I no longer want?
You should not throw any medication into a normal bin. You can take medicine you no longer need to any pharmacy where it can be disposed of safely.
The pharmacy will not take any information from you, and you can remove any outer packaging (for example, anything that has your name on it), and throw that away separately.