Don't put up with acne. Get Zineryt and fight your acne with a combination of antibiotics and zinc. Stop the growth of acne bacteria and help heal damaged skin.
If you would like to request acne treatment, complete a short health assessment and your online doctor will check your request. If it's right for you, they will approve your treatment and we'll post it to your door with free delivery.
1 x 30 ml - £27.00
How to use Zineryt
You should apply Zineryt in the following way to achieve the best results:
- Zineryt is supplied in a bottle with a special applicator pad protected by a cap
- Remove the cap just before use
- The pad makes it easier to apply Zineryt to the affected area
- Unscrew the protective cap on the bottle and hold it upside down
- Place pad against the skin
- Spread the Zineryt solution to the affected area of the skin including the surrounding skin
- If you apply too much solution you can dab it off with a piece of tissue
Like all medications, there is always a possibility you may experience side effects or have an allergic reaction. Symptoms of allergic reaction may include:
- Swelling of your: Mouth, Face, Lips, Tongue
- Difficulty breathing
- Temporary stinging
- Redness of skin
Getting a rash – if you experience a painful rash of burning after applying Zineryt which doesn’t ease after a few hours or gets progressively worse each time you use it, you should stop using it immediately and seek medical advice.
What to do about side effects – if you experience any side effects after using Zineryt, you should consult your doctor, pharmacist or nurse for advice. If it’s an emergency and you or someone you know is having difficulty breathing you should dial 999.
Dual action – Zineryt is a combination of erythromycin and zinc. Zineryt with a dose of 4% Erythromycin works well for treating acne and Zinc is known to be at healing damage when applied to the skin.
Treats a range of acne symptoms – Zineryt is used to treat acne vulgaris which can appear in the form of spots and oily skin. There are different spots which can include:
- Blackheads – small bumps on the skin which are black or yellowish
- Whiteheads – look similar to blackheads but don’t pop when squeezed
- Papules – tender, sore red bumps
- Pustules – similar to papules but have a white tip
- Nodules – hard bumps under the skin which are usually large and painful
- Cysts – pus filled lumps
For any age – Zineryt can be used by children, adults and the elderly. It is used by people who have used the usual over the counter products to treat their acne and it hasn’t been effective.
Order online – the easiest way to get Zineryt is to use our service:
- You will need to fill in a short questionnaire and upload 2 photographs of your skin problem to your patient record
- You can then choose Zineryt from the list of prescription medications.
- One of our UK based doctors will assess your answers to the questionnaire and review the photos
- From here they will be able to approve the appropriate treatment if this is medically appropriate
You are also able to get a prescription from your GP. However, you will need to visit them in person, so they can assess your skin and discuss the appropriate level of treatment.
Not everyone can get Zineryt – you shouldn’t use Zineryt if you are allergic to:
- Any of the other ingredients
- Macrolide anitbiotics
When you are prescribed Zineryt, you should apply it to your face or the affected area twice per day.
It can take several weeks or months for the treatment to be successful. The usual time is 10-12 weeks. If after the prescribed treatment time you are still experiencing acne you should consult your doctor.
Tips to support your treatment – there are other steps you can take to improve your acne including:
- Change your pillowcases frequently
- When washing don’t scrub your skin or use very hot water
- Avoid stressful situations where possible, and practice stress-reduction techniques like meditation
- Take regular exercise
- Try to avoid drinking coffee and alcohol
- Try to quit smoking if you do smoke
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water
- Diet – reduce your sugar intake as this can cause a spike in your insulin levels which has been linked to acne. Also a good diet can help reduce your stress levels and improve health generally
For more info about insulin and acne see here.
If you feel Zineryt is not working for you, you should firstly check you are using it correctly.
Alternative treatment options – if you have used your Zineryt correctly, then you could speak to your GP or check our online service and request a different medication. We offer several other prescription acne medications including:
- Aknemycin Plus
- Lymecycline and Differin
- Oxytetracycline and Differin
However, making some changes to your lifestyle can also have a positive effect on your acne:
- Get into a good skin routine – your skin is the largest organ and needs to be taken care of appropriately:
- You should wash your face twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Washing too much can dry your skin out which increases the production of oil
- You should also moisturise after cleansing but be sure to use an oil free moisturiser
- Regular exercise can reduce stress levels and helps to regulate our hormones, which can contribute to spots and acne
- Always make sure you shower after exercising to get rid of oily sweat so your pores don’t clog
- Wear sunblock – the UVA and UVB rays from the son can irritate skin which is prone to spots. When the sun is at its highest you should take shelter in the shade, wear a hat and sunscreen with at least SPF 30
- Eat healthily – eating foods which are high in sugar can cause the body to produce more of the insulin hormone. Insulin helps to regulate blood sugar levels. High levels can cause your pores to become clogged and cause acne
Other treatments options:
- Comedone Extractor – this is a pen shaped tool which is designed to clean out blackheads and whiteheads. You can buy them from your local pharmacy
- Chemical Peel - a chemical peel consists of a chemical solution which is applied directly onto the face which causes the skin to peel off. This encourages new skin to grow and replace the old skin which has peeled off
- Photodynamic Therapy - a form of light sensitive treatment used to destroy abnormal cells. A lamp or laser is shone onto the affected area for up to 45 minutes. Once the treatment is over, the are will be covered with a dressing. It takes around 2-6 weeks for the skin to completely heal
Electronic Medicines Compendiums (2016). Zineryt® cutaneous solution. LEO Pharma A/S. [online] Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5488.pdf [accessed 9th January 2018].