Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections, such as traveller’s diarrhoea. Traveller's diarrhoea affects an estimated 20% - 60% of travellers every year. It is caused by various types of bacteria and less commonly some viruses and parasites. Take Ciprofloxacin with you when you travel and be prepared.
Select Ciprofloxacin online from Zava - our doctor will provide you with a three day course to take when you notice symptoms and there is no medical help available. When you place your order, we will ask you to fill in a brief questionnaire. This is necessary so our doctor can establish whether Ciprofloxacin is suitable for you.
Free standard delivery FREE Estimated Delivery: 25-27th April We dispatch orders every day from Monday to Friday. If placed before 4pm, your order will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed after 4pm will be processed and sent out the next working day. Next Day Click & Collect FREE Collection: 24th April Collect your order from any Royal Mail post office. You will receive an email or SMS as soon as your order is ready for collection. Your order will be available to collect from the Post Office for up to 18 days. Proof of Identification will be required for collection. Next Day Express delivery £3.99 Estimated Delivery: 24th April by 1pm If placed before 4pm, your order will be delivered by 1pm on the next working day. Orders placed after 4pm are processed and sent out the next day and delivered the day after. You will choose your delivery option at the checkout. Delivery options may vary depending on the pack size and dosage chosen.
6 tablet(s) - £15.00
About Ciprofloxacin For Diarrhoea
Ciprofloxacin is a broad spectrum antibiotic. This means, that it is effective against various types of bacteria. Traveller’s diarrhoea can be caused by a number of different organisms such as E.coli bacteria, salmonella and other bacteria. Ciprofloxacin is effective against most common bacteria which cause traveller’s diarrhoea (where there is not resistance to these antibiotics). It works within 1 - 3 days, providing fast relief from diarrhoea.
Ciprofloxacin is prescribed to travellers to have at hand, in the event that they suffer from traveller’s diarrhoea. It can be difficult to obtain medication at many international travel destinations. Taking Ciprofloxacin with you allows you to treat your condition without having to buy an antibiotic from an unlicensed source.
You can begin taking Ciprofloxacin as soon as you notice symptoms of traveller’s diarrhoea - that means, if you have three or more loose stools in any 24 hour period and there is no medical help available.
Treatment with Ciprofloxacin consists of two 500mg tablets a day. You need to take one in the morning and one in the evening. The tablets can be taken with or without food but you need to avoid taking them with dairy products or calcium supplements (including fortified juices or cereals). Calcium can reduce the effectiveness of Ciprofloxacin, so you should take the tablets either 1 - 2 hours before eating dairy or at least four hours after your last meal containing dairy of added calcium.
We will provide you with a three day course of Ciprofloxacin. If you find that your symptoms disappear within one day of taking Ciprofloxacin, you do not need to finish the course. If you still have symptoms after the first day of treatment, you should continue taking the antibiotic. The same applies on the second day of treatment - you only need to take the tablets on day three if you are still experiencing symptoms.
- you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- you are allergic to any other quinolone drugs
- you are taking tizanidine
- suffer from kidney problems
- suffer from a neurological condition such as epilepsy
- are taking any other medication
- have ever developed problems with your tendons due to an antibiotic treatment
- suffer from diabetes
- suffer from muscle weakness
- have a deficiency in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) or a family history of this condition
- have a salt imbalance in your blood
- suffer from a heart problem (including heart failure or heart attack)
- suffer from arrhythmia or have a slow heart rhythm
Ciprofloxacin causes side effects in some patients.
- nausea or diarrhoea
- joint pains (in children)
- decrease in appetite
- taste disorders
- pain in your muscles and bones
- fever and feeling unwell
- poor kidney function
- joint pain
- fungal superinfections
- sleeping problems
- headaches and dizziness
- digestive problems (such as an upset stomach, vomiting or indigestion)
- abdominal pain and flatulence
- skin problems such as itching and rash
- feeling agitated or hyperactive
- changes affecting your blood levels of certain substances (this will affect your blood test results such as iver function tests and full blood count)
For a full list of all side effects associated with Ciprofloxacin read the patient leaflet supplied with your medication.
Like other antibiotics, Ciprofloxacin can interact with certain kinds of medication, including:
- Warfarin and other Vitamin K antagonists (such as acenocoumarol, phenprocoumon or fluindione)
- certain blood-thinning medications
- certain medications used to treat epilepsy or Parkinson’s
- some medications used to treat gout (such as probenecid)
- medicines which alter your heart rhythm
- mineral supplements or medicines containing calcium, magnesium, aluminium or iron
- sildenafil (used to treat erectile dysfunction)
- caffeine duloxetine
- clozapine (an antipsychotic medication)
- olanzapine (an antipsychotic)
- the multiple sclerosis medication tizanidine
- pentoxifylline (for circulatory disorders)
- metoclopramide (used to treat nausea and vomiting as well as migraine)
- methotrexate (for the treatment of cancer, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- medicines that belong to the group of anti-arrhythmics (for example quinidine, hydroquinidine, disopyramide, amiodarone and sotalol)
- tricyclic antidepressants,
- some antimicrobials (that belong to the group of macrolides)
- polymeric phosphate binder (e.g. sevelamer or lanthanum carbonate)
Ciprofloxacin does not interact with alcohol. Tell your doctor about any medication you are currently taking before you take Ciprofloxacin.
Complete online consultation
Answer a few simple questions about your health.
Our doctors will review your order
One of our registered doctors confirms your suitability.
Fast, discreet delivery
Your medicine or test kit is dispatched by our pharmacy.