Order colchicine tablets
Colchicine is a treatment for gout. It’s made from the seeds of meadow saffron, a type of crocus (flower).
It works by stopping white blood cells from getting to the joints that are experiencing an attack. This lowers the swelling and pain.
You can take colchicine when you have a gout attack, and also to avoid having attacks when you start taking medication that lowers your uric acid.
12 tablet(s) - £24.95
- Take 1 tablet up to 4 times a day until your pain has stopped, or until you have taken a total of 12 tablets (from when the attack started)
- Do not take more than 4 tablets in a day
- Do not take more than 12 tablets in 1 course of treatment
- Once you’ve finished a course, do not take a tablet again for at least 3 days
If you have any of these side effects, stop taking the tablets and contact a doctor
- feeling sick (nausea)
- being sick (vomiting)
- pain in your tummy
Less common side effects include:
- high temperature (fever)
- swelling and irritation in the mouth
- sore throat
- bruising or skin problems