Order Bendroflumethiazide Online
Bendroflumethiazide is a medication prescribed to treat high blood pressure. It belongs to a group of medications called diuretics. Bendroflumethiazide tablets can be given as a standalone treatment or in combination with certain other high blood pressure treatments.
Order Bendroflumethiazide online from Zava - our certified online doctors provide fast and convenient repeat prescriptions. Our service is for patients who have been taking the diuretic for at least three months. To order your tablets, you need to fill in a brief medical questionnaire. Once your order has been approved, we will post your medication. Delivery is free.
Each Bendroflumethiazide tablet contains 2.5 of 5mg of the active substance. Additional ingredients include lactose, magnesium stearate, maize starch, pregelatinised maize starch, stearic acid and water.
Bendroflumethiazide is available in different dosages. The GP who diagnosed your high blood pressure will develop a treatment plan for your condition and decide which dosage you require. The dosage you are prescribed depends on how high your blood pressure is, how well you respond to the medication and whether you are taking any other medications. It also depends on whether you have any other conditions affecting your health. Patients who are suffering from kidney problems for example tend to be prescribed a lower dosage, as are elderly patients.
Most commonly, Bendroflumethiazide is prescribed at a dosage of 2.5 - 5mg per day.
Bendroflumethiazide tablets can cause side effects in some patients.
Speak to you doctor if you experience:
- worsening of gout
- feeling dizzy or ill
- stomach problems, nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhoea
- loss of appetite
- changes in the composition of your blood such as increased levels of uric acid or blood fat
- loss of appetite
- worsening of diabetes or decreased tolerance to carbohydrates
- erectile dysfunction in men
- increased frequency and amount of urination
- muscle weakness and cramps
Diuretics are a type of medication used to treat high blood pressure. Bendroflumethiazide belongs to this group of medicines and it is also called a thiazide diuretic. Diuretics lower your blood pressure by reducing the amount of water in your body. When you take a diuretic you pass more urine, which removes water from your body. Therefore, diuretics are also known as water tablets. The reduction of fluids makes it easier for your heart to pump blood through your body. Your GP may prescribe a diuretic in combination with a hypertension treatment with a different working mechanism.
As with any other medication, it is important that you take Bendroflumethiazide tablets exactly as advised. Your GP will decide which dosage you require and how often you need to take the tablets. When you order your repeat prescription and tablets from Zava, we will provide you with the same medication you are already taking. You still need to attend regular check-ups with your GP, who will monitor your blood pressure and make sure that it stays under control. These regular check-ups are important, as your medication may need to be adjusted occasionally to prevent complications.
It is recommended to take the tablet in the morning, as it increases your need to go to the toilet. Taking in the evening can result in you waking up and having to urinate at night. Swallow the tablet with a drink of water.
If you are taking bendroflumethiazide tablets in the long-term, it may be necessary to carry out regular blood or urine tests to monitor your kidney function and the composition of your blood. Your GP will advise you on necessary tests during your regular check-ups.
You can only take Bendroflumethiazide if your GP has prescribed the medication. Zava only issues repeat prescriptions.
You must not take Bendroflumethiazide if you:
- are allergic to any of the ingredients
- have high blood levels of calcium
- have severely impaired liver or kidney function
- have or have ever had gout
- suffer from addison’s disease
- have low blood levels of sodium
Speak to your doctor before taking Bendroflumethiazide tablets if you:
- have impaired kidney function
- have diabetes
- suffer from liver disease
- have lupus erythematosus
- suffer from an inherited blood disorder which causes skin blisters, abdominal pain or disorders which affect the nervous system
Do not take Bendroflumethiazide during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Allergic reactions to Bendroflumethiazide can cause:
- skin rash
- increased sensitivity to sunlight
- viral infections of the lungs
- fluid in the lungs
Bendroflumethiazide can cause changes to your blood (may show in blood tests).
If this happens, you may notice:
- increased tendency to bruise
- infections and sore throats
- pale skin
Read the patient leaflet for a full list of all known side effects. You will find one in the package which comes with your tablets.
Can I drive while taking Bendroflumethiazide?
Bendroflumethiazide does not commonly affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. However, some patients may experience dizziness, especially during the first days of treatment. Do not drive or work or operate machinery if you notice that the tablets affect you ability to concentrate or coordinate your movements.
It is important that you inform your doctor of any medications you are currently taking before you begin your treatment with Bendroflumethiazide. This is because Bendroflumethiazide interacts with some types of medication.
Tell your doctor if you are taking:
- medications used to treat gout
- calcium channel blockers and calcium salts
- medicines to treat an irregular heartbeat
- corticosteroids (an anti-inflammatory medicine used to treat a range of conditions, including asthma)
- medication to control blood sugar levels
- antidepressants and antipsychotic medication
- medication to control epilepsy
- muscle relaxants
- certain antifungal medications
- prazosin (used to treat high blood pressure and a range of other conditions)
- ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II inhibitors (high blood pressure medicines)
- moxisylyte (a drug used to treat erectile dysfunction/urinary problems)
- sympathomimetics used to treat asthma and other medical conditions
- theophylline (used to treat asthma)
- carbenoxolone (used to treat ulcers)
- treatments for cancer
- non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (for example ibuprofen, ketorolac, piroxicam or naproxen
- medication used to treat heart problems
- medication to treat Cushing’s syndrome (a syndrome caused by high levels of cortisol in the body)
- vitamin D
- any medication which contains oestrogen (for example a contraceptive pill)
In order to avoid related health risks, your blood pressure needs to be kept within the normal range. Because of this, you shouldn’t miss doses of your blood pressure treatment if possible. You reorder your treatment quickly and conveniently from Zava, to avoid running out.