75% of women experience thrush at least once in their life, and 40% of them will experience more than once. Men can also suffer the symptoms of thrush.
If you’ve got thrush symptoms, you can order thrush treatment quickly and easily from Zava.
Canesten Cream is an effective and safe medication for thrush in women.
20 g tube(s) - £10.99
About Canesten Cream
Who can order Canesten online?
You can order Canesten Cream from Zava if you're:
- experiencing a discharge lik white cottage cheese, genital irritation, and/or burning sensation and redness
- not pregnant
- not allergic to antifungal products contained in the cream
How do you order Canesten online?
You can order Canesten Cream in a few simple steps:
- Fill out a 3 minute online questionnaire about your health
- Choose your preferred treatment option
- One of our doctors will check that the chosen treatment is right for you
- Your order can be sent to your chosen address, or a local post office
Side effects of Canesten Cream
The patient leaflet that comes with your treatment contains a full list of the side effects. The most common side effects are:
- other skin reactions like peeling or itching
Canesten Thrush External Cream 2% is mainly used for treating a type of thrush called ‘candidal vulvitis’, which is a yeast infection of the vulva. It's caused by too much of the fungus Candida albicans.
This cream can also be used as an treatment for candidal vaginitis. Clotrimazole is the active ingredient of Canesten Cream and can be used to treat other skin infections caused by fungi.
Clotrimazole is especially used for the topical treatment of Athlete’s foot, but in this case it’s sold in a different formulation, containing 1% Clotrimazole.
You might need to start treatment with Canesten Cream if you get:
- itching and irritation around the vulva
- soreness and stinging during sex or when you pee
- white discharge, looking like cottage cheese, which usually does not smell
If you’re not sure whether you may need a thrush treatment you could to buy a test kit. You can easily order a Canestest kit online or simply buy it in a supermarket or pharmacy. The test is made by the same company that markets Canesten Cream, and it’s reliable and easy to use.
The test will help you to understand if the symptoms you're experiencing are because of thrush or bacterial vaginosis. If the test shows that you're positive for bacterial vaginosis, you can also order a treatment from Zava. If the test is negative and you wish to get tested for other STIs, you could order our Extended STI Test Kit and take the test in comfort at home.
You can get Canesten Thrush External Cream 2% without a diagnosis from a face-to-face assessment, especially if it’s not the first time you’re getting these symptoms and you've used treatment before.
But it’s a good idea to get medical advice before starting to use it if:
- it’s the first time you experience symptoms of candidal vaginitis
- you've had more than 2 infections of candidal vaginitis in the last 6 months
- you or your partner have had an STI in the past
- you're pregnant or suspect pregnancy
- you're aged below 16, or over 60
- you have a known allergy to antifungal products
Dr Lisa Carter
Dr Lisa Carter works part-time for Zava and part-time as a GP in Bristol. Her undergraduate training was undertaken in Cardiff and postgraduate training throughout London. Her area of interest is sexual and reproductive health.Meet our doctors
Last reviewed: 18 Feb 2019