Order Mirvaso Online
Rosacea is a skin condition which causes facial redness, flushing, visible blood vessels and spots. It is caused by the enlargement of the blood vessels on a person’s face. Mirvaso is a medical treatment for this skin condition. Applying Mirvaso gel reduces the symptoms of rosacea by narrowing the blood vessels. In order to be effective, the gel needs to be applied to the affected areas on a daily basis.
With Zava you can order your rosacea gel online by simply filling in our brief medical questionnaire. Our online doctor will review your order and approve appropriate treatment.
We offer free delivery and next day delivery from £3.99.
1 x 30 g tube - £49.00
2 x 30 g tube - £95.00
3 x 30 g tube - £140.00
About Mirvaso Gel
Mirvaso needs to be applied on a daily basis and it works for the duration of one day, reducing the symptoms of rosacea. If you forget to apply the gel, your skin will show signs of rosacea again. A pea sized amount of Mirvaso should be applied evenly across your face, covering your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose.
Mirvaso must not be used on eyes, lips or inside the nose. If it comes into contact with any of these areas, wash it off immediately using plenty of water. Hands should be washed immediately after applying the gel. Make-up or other creams and cosmetic products should only be applied after the gel has soaked in and dried.
The ‘active ingredient’ in Mirvaso gel is called brimonidine. Brimonidine acts on your blood vessels and shrinks them to reduce redness, swelling and flushes. Every gram of Mirvaso contains 3.3mg of brimonidine. The gel is opaque and can be white to light yellow.
Please read the patient leaflet for a full list of risks and side effects. Mirvaso is suitable for adults only and must not be used during pregnancy or by women who are breastfeeding. Do not use Mirvaso if you are allergic to brimonidine or any other ingredient.
Common side effects include:
- skin redness
Uncommon side effects include:
- skin rash
- worsening of existing rosacea
- swelling of the eyelid
- cold hands and feet
- feeling hot
- nasal congestion
- dry mouth
Do not take Mirvaso if you are taking:
- certain medicines used for depression or Parkinson’s disease including monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors
- tricyclic or tetracyclic antidepressants (for example imipramine, maprotiline, mianserin or mirtazapin)
Tell our doctor if you are taking:
- medicines used for psychiatric disorders
- medicines used to treat hyperactivity
- medicines used to treat hypertension such as alpha-antagonists; alpha-blockers, beta-blockers or calcium channel blockers
- medicines used to treat sleep disorders
- medicines used to treat asthma or a slow heart rate (for example prazosin or isoprenaline
- medicines used to treat heart problems (for example digoxin)
There are a range of gels and creams which can significantly reduce the symptoms of rosacea. While some treatments reduce inflammation and kill the bacteria that cause spots, others act on your blood vessels to reduce them in size and make them less noticeable.