Order mefenamic acid online
Prices from £19.95
Out of stock. Simply fill in a brief questionnaire. One of our doctors will review your order and prescribe a suitable treatment. How to Order
Mefenamic acid is a painkiller. It is used to treat a range of conditions, including painful periods. Zava sells mefenamic acid in capsules of 250mg.
We may be able to prescribe you mefenamic acid if you have:
- pain during your period that you cannot control with painkillers like paracetamol
- always had painful periods
- a known condition related to your periods that has been diagnosed by a doctor
28 capsule(s) - £19.95
56 capsule(s) - £29.95
112 capsule(s) - £49.95
About Mefenamic Acid
- Take up to 500mg of mefenamic acid, 3 times a day
- Take the capsules with, or straight after, a meal
- Do not drink alcohol while taking mefenamic acid
- Do not take more than the prescribed amount
Common side effects of mefenamic acid include the following. If you have any of these you should stop taking the capsules straight away and talk to a doctor.
- Tummy ache
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Being sick (vomiting)]
- Feeling dizzy
- Feeling sleepy
In some cases, mefenamic acid can have serious side effects. If you experience any of the following, you should stop taking the capsules and go to A&E.
- Chest pain
- Finding it hard to breathe
- A rash
- Fits (seizures)
Dr Babak Ashrafi Clinical Lead for Service Expansion
Babak studied medicine at King’s College London and graduated in 2003, having also gained a bachelor’s degree in Physiology during his time there. He completed his general practice (GP) training in East London, where he worked for a number of years as a partner at a large inner-city GP practice. He completed the Royal College of GPs membership exam in 2007.Meet our doctors
Last reviewed: 27 Aug 2019
EMC (2016). Ponstan Forte Tablets 250mg. [online]. Available at: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/1598/smpc [accessed 27 August 2019].