Take and submit your Day 2 lateral flow test results
After you take your Day 2 lateral flow test, you will need to submit your test results to get your ZAVA results confirmation. If you have any questions, you might find the answer on our FAQ page. You can also call our friendly Customer Support team on 020 3588 0292, 7 days a week.
Taking your Day 2 test
Take your test within 2 days of entering the UK.
- Follow the instructions included with your test kit.
- Before taking your test: write your test booking reference number clearly on the front of the test strip (not the ‘ZVAGB’ part, just the 7 digits that follow it).
- After taking your test: wait 15 to 30 minutes for accurate results to show on the test strip. Do not read your results after 30 minutes.
- Take at least 2 clear pictures of the test strip showing the results within the 15 to 30 minute window. Make sure the results line and booking reference you wrote on the strip are clearly visible in the photos. You will need to upload these to our online form, so we can verify them.
Keep hold of your used test strip until you get your results confirmation from ZAVA. You might be asked to use it to verify your test strip number.
Understanding your results
If you test negative:
- A negative result will show as one line next to the letter “C” (control line).
- If you test negative, you are free to continue as normal.
If you test positive:
- A positive result will show as a line next to the letter “T” on your test strip, as well as a line next to the “C”.
- It doesn't matter how faint the lines are, if you see two, you are positive for COVID-19.
If you test positive, you will need to self isolate and take a PCR test. You can order this for free from NHS Test and Trace.
Submit your results
Submit your test results and 2 photos within 15 minutes of reading them. You can do this using our easy test result submission form. You will need to upload both negative and positive results.
You will need the following information to hand when you submit your results:
- Your test booking reference number. You can find this in your email confirmation when you ordered your test.
- Your flight number (or route number if you entered the UK by ferry or train).
- Your travel dates.
Anyone aged 18 years or older must create their own account on www.zavamed.com/uk and submit their own result photos. The details on the account must match the details on the form, and these must match the details as written in the corresponding passport. Failure to do so may lead to a delay or failure in getting your result, and ZAVA reporting it to UKHSA.
Submitting a result for a child
Any results for children under 18 should be submitted by a parent or legal guardian, and be connected to that adult’s ZAVA account.
Samples need to be taken as instructed, with an adult performing the sample collection on anyone under the age of 16. Failure to take a sample correctly may result in an inconclusive result on the test strip, and failure to provide appropriate advice.
Getting your ZAVA results confirmation
After submitting your results, we will message you to confirm your results within 24 hours.
Results and advice will be sent to your ZAVA patient account. Each account holder must sign in to their own account to get their result. It is important that everyone checks their inbox regularly as we will contact you here if there are any issues that require urgent attention.
It is your responsibility to follow quarantine guidelines and make sure you take your test at the correct time in accordance with UK guidelines.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions about submitting your results, you might find the answer on our FAQ page.
You can also message us via your patient account and call our Customer Support team on
020 3588 0292 (Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm, Sat: 9am-5pm, Sun: 10am-4pm).
Or you can email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org